Moonga or How did it start
EverdreamSoft was founded in 2010 by Shaban Shaame, the company CEO, surrounded by a small group of developers, designers and marketers sharing the same passion for video games. The EDS' first game - Moonga - released the same year was one of the first games on mobile and it quickly became very popular.
Moonga was an online trading card game (TCG) for iOS and Android phones. Released in January 2010, it was ranked #1 Role Playing Game in the Japanese AppStore and among the top 50 games of all categories the same year. It has reached more than 250,000 downloads over the world. Since 2017, Moonga is no longer supported and not available in the stores.
BitCrystals or When EDS meets Blockchain
Always on the look-out for innovations that may revolutionize the gaming industry, in 2015 EDS embraced the arising blockchain technology. The company released BitCrystals (BCY), a blockchain token based on Counterparty, in order to prepare their upcoming crowdfunding campaign. In August 2015, EDS ran the "BitCrystals Token Sale", one of the 1st Initial Coin Offerings (ICO) ever made.
BitCrystals were issued in an initial supply of 100 000 000 units. 30% were kept by EverdreamSoft and the remaining 70% were offered on sale during the BitCrystals Token Sale. After the end of the ICO, the unsold BCY – 55 566 099 BCY – were burnt. The remaining supply keeps decreasing thanks to the regular monthly burns based on the company sales income.
In order to adapt the coin to EverdreamSoft's current multi-chain product strategy, EDS burnt (destroyed) a certain amount of BCY on Bitcoin blockchain and reissued the same amount on Ethereum, as an ERC-20 token. In the near future, a cross-chain swap will be enabled, in order to allow users to switch the chain they keep their currency on.
Spells of Genesis or About the "True Ownership"
The very first blockchain card now playable in SoG was released in March 2015 already, i.e. 5 months before the start of the ICO and 2 years before the release of the game itself! This very first card was the “Healing Formula”, issued as a part of EverdreamSoft's partnership with FoldingCoin.
Before the beginning of the BitCrystals Token Sale, more than a dozen of blockchain cards were issued, most of them in collaboration with other promising blockchain projects, or to feature famous events (“Battle for Blocksize”) or characters (“Creator of the Askian”) from the blockchain realm.
Even though it may seem unusual to sell elements from a not-yet-existing game, these first blockchain cards encountered a great success! The success of EDS' approach remains in offering players the "true ownership" of digital assets.
Indeed, thanks to the usage of blockchain technology, EDS could certify the ownership and the scarcity of each card released and sold. The new owners of these cards could resell or trade their digital cards, without having them locked in the game database, unlike in most of the "traditional" games.
Today, there’s almost 200 cards that were released directly as a blockchain token, and the in-game cards can be blockchainized.
EDS Crystal Suite or Changing the way we own and create
Since 2018, EverdreamSoft has been capitalizing on their experience in the field of blockchain implementation in games. Today, EDS wants to share their experience and knowledge. EDS aims at facilitating the access and the usage of blockchain technology for all the actors in the game and entertainment industry.